Often a lot of "Catalog connection to ITPAM failed" errors are being recorded in the view.log file.
Even without PAM being installed/running. How to get rid of those?
In CA Service Catalog, how to avoid "Catalog connection to ITPAM failed" messages in view.log?
1. Login to the CA Service Catalog(SC)-UI with spadmin.
2. Goto Administration>Configuration.
3. Open the Option 'CA Process Automation'. The 'CA Process Automation Configurations' page appears.
4. On this page, set ALL Properties to either 'No' or 'Not Configured'.
5. Clear the SC-environment:
a. Stop the CA Service Catalog services(Accounting and Catalog)
b. Empty/clear the %USM_HOME%\view\translets folder
c. (re)Move the %USM_HOME%\logs\*.log files
d. Clear the browser-cache
e. Start the CA Service Catalog services(Accounting and Catalog)
Be sure that services setting for 'Approval Process' is not set to 'Workflow driven approval process'.