Often a lot of "Catalog connection to ITPAM failed" errors are being recorded in the view.log file.
Even without PAM being installed/running. How to get rid of those?
In CA Service Catalog, how to avoid "Catalog connection to ITPAM failed" messages in view.log?
Windows, running CA Service Catalog.
1. Login to the CA Service Catalog(SC)-UI with spadmin.
2. Goto Administration>Configuration.
3. Open the Option 'CA Process Automation'. The 'CA Process Automation Configurations' page appears.
4. On this page, set ALL Properties to either 'No' or 'Not Configured'.
5. Clear the SC-environment:
a. Stop the CA Service Catalog services(Accounting and Catalog)
b. Empty/clear the %USM_HOME%\view\translets folder
c. (re)Move the %USM_HOME%\logs\*.log files
d. Clear the browser-cache
e. Start the CA Service Catalog services(Accounting and Catalog)
Be sure that services setting for 'Approval Process' is not set to 'Workflow driven approval process'.