Configure the SEP firewall to open communication and proper ports between the workstation and the domain controller.
- Log into the workstation.
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) yellow shield.
- On the Status page, click Options and select Configure Firewall Rules.
- Click Add.
- Under Rule name type in the name that is appropriate for this Firewall Rule. (ex: Domain Controller port, Allow All Outbound to Server)
- Under Action select Allow this traffic.
- Click the Hosts tab.
- Select IP addresses and type in the IP address for your server.
- To find this out, open the command prompt and ping the name of your server.
- Click the Ports and Protocols tab.
- Click the drop down box for Traffic direction and select Outbound.
- Click OK.
- Select the new rule we just made (ex: Domain Controller port, Allow All Outbound to Server)
- Click the up arrow, next to the delete button, until the new rule is at the top of the list.
- Click OK.
- You can now close the SEP window and you are done with the configurations.
- Test the solution by logging off and logging back onto the domain.
Microsoft knowledge base document on how to configure a firewall for domains and trusts