Enterprise Configuration Service (ECS) installation fails for Control Compliance Suite (CCS) v.9.0, 10.0
Article ID: 151868
Control Compliance Suite Windows
Error in installing ECS Service on Windows 2008 in CCS 9.0, 10.0
Information in this solution applies to CCS v.9.0, 10.0 for Windows.
- Error occurs when installing the ECS on a computer running Windows 2008.
- "Application ("C:\Program Files\Symantec\ECS\Ecs.exe") is using Windows functionality that is not present in this release of Windows. "
- The Information Server (IS) is installed on the same computer that will host the ECS.
Communication with the local ECS takes place using LRPC protocol sequence, which fails because the ECS and the IS are hosted on the same computer.
Use TCP/IP instead of the LRPC protocol. Follow these steps to resolve the issue
- Click Start | Run, then type "regedit" without the quotes.
- Browse to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BindView\Enterprise Configuration Service\ECSRPCServer\ProtocolSequences\ncalrpc (Note: 64-bit registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BindView\Enterprise Configuration Service\ECSRPCServer\ProtocolSequences\ncalrpc)
- Change the value from 1 to 0.
- Restart the computer to reinitialize the registry, then run the ECS installation again.
NOTE: The registry key is created during the installation of the ECS. Run the setup for the ECS once before attempting the above steps.