Exception while copying file <path of Capicom.dll file> => C:\WINDOWS\System32\CAPICOM.dll : The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Article ID: 151854
Control Compliance Suite Databases MS SQL SRVRControl Compliance Suite UnixControl Compliance Suite Databases OracleControl Compliance Suite NetwareControl Compliance Suite ExchangeControl Compliance Suite Windows
Issue is that while launching the CCS Reporting and Analytics console, it shows message as 'Microsoft CAPICOM 188.8.131.52 is not installed' in the list of pre-requisites. Also, on clicking the 'Install Now' button it shows the error 'Exception while copying file
=> C:\WINDOWS\System32\CAPICOM.dll : The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.'
This error occurs when there is an older version of Capicom.dll file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Stop the SMC Server and SMC Job Server service.
2. Check the version of Capicom.dll file from the C:\Windows\System32 folder. If it is 184.108.40.206 then go to step3.
3. Copy the Capicom.dll file from <install dir>\Control Compliance Suite\Redist folder to C:\Windows\System32.
4. Start the SMC Server and SMC Job Server services.
5. Launch the CCS Reporting and Analytics console.