You will need to manually remove the current installation of Ghost.
- Delete these folders:
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\Ghost
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Ghost.
- Run the Microsoft Clean-Up Utility. (For instructions, please see the link to Microsoft below)
- Open the Registry and back it up. (For instructions, please see the link to Microsoft below)
- Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Ghost.
- Reboot the machine.
Microsoft Clean-Up Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
How to backup the Windows Registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756.