ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
How to add a Security Risk Exception on an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection Client
Article ID: 151600
How to create centralized exception on an unmanaged client
How to create exceptions on an unmanaged client to prevent scans from quarantining/deleting specific files or applications
To create a Security Risk Exception:
- Open the Client Interface
- In the sidebar click Change Settings.
- Beside "Centralized Exceptions", click Configure Settings.
- Click 'Add' and choose Security Risk Exception and then choose 'File' for a single file, or 'Folder' to exclude an entire directory.
- Browse to the file or directory you choose and click Add.
- Click OK.