A local workaround for the issue would be to test disabling the scanning of network drives. These first three steps need to be applied to the client experiencing the issue or to an Unmanaged system.
- Open the SEP Client GUI on the affected client.
- Click on Configure Settings for AntiVirus and Antispyware.
- Uncheck the option Scan files on network drives
If this does resolve the issue and your clients are managed clients, please perform the following steps:
- Log into SEPM and uncheck Network option in File system Auto-protect of the AntiVirus and AntiSpyware policy appropriate to the clients in question.
- Click on Advanced tab.
- Click on File Cache and uncheck the option Enable file cache.
- Assign the policy to appropriate group.