An unexpected exception has occurred: Server error HTTP 500 for URL http://localhost:80/Reporting/reports/sr-login.php shows in Monitors, Logs and Server Activity Log
Article ID: 151500
When viewing the scm-server-1.log or viewing the logs through Monitors/Logs/System/Server Activity - "View Log" you see - An unexpected exception has occurred "Server error HTTP 500 for URL http://localhost:80/Reporting/reports/sr-login.php
No symptoms just a log entry.
Authenticated Users are missing in the Security tab for permissions to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Folder.
Follow the steps below to solve this issue:
- Click My Computer> Windows Explorer and browse to the following folder:
- Right-click the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager folder and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- If "Authenticated Users" does not appear in the list of user names click Add and add "Authenticated Users."
- Click OK.
- Ensure the "Authenticated Users" group has at least "Read and Execute", "List Folder Contents" and "Read" permissions.
- Click Advanced, and then uncheck the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propogate... " option.
- Click Apply and if prompted to Copy or Remove, click Copy.
- Select to enable the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here... option
- Click Apply> OK.