Install Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- In the Management Server Configuration Wizard panel, check the box for Install an additional site, and then click Next.
- In the Server Information panel, accept or change the default values for the following boxes, and then click Next:
- Server Name
- Server Port
- Server Data Folder
- In the Site Information panel, accept or change the name in the Site Name box, and then click Next.
- In the Replication Information panel, type values in the following boxes:
- Replication Server Name - The name or IP address of the remote Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Replication Server Port - The default is 8443.
- Administrator Name - The name that is used to log on to the console.
- Password - The password that is used to log on to the console.
- In the Certificate Warning dialog box, click Yes.
- In the Database Server Choice panel, select one of the following, and then click Next.
- Embedded Database
- Microsoft SQL Database
- Check the Embedded database, and complete the installation.
Note: When you use replication with an embedded database (14.3 MPx and earlier), Symantec recommends that you do not add load balancing, as data inconsistency and loss may result.
Review Chapter 12, section "Managing management servers, sites, and databases" in the Installation and Administration Guide pdf.