How to uninstall Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM)
Article ID: 151416
What steps are recommended to uninstall ADAM?
Procedure for uninstalling ADAM
Verify that the SCP to the ADAM instance is removed from the domain controller
- Verify that the Service Connection Point (SCP) to the ADAM instance is removed from the domain controller.
- Remove the ADAM installation.
Remove the ADAM installation
- Go to the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- Click View > Advanced Features > Users > Groups > Computers as Containers.
- Select Users and Computers within the MMC.
- Find the computer that is serving as the domain controller.
- Under the domain controller, find the SCP for the Symantec Endpoint Encryption ADAM instance.
- Right click on the SCP to delete it.
To successfully remove an ADAM installation, the following must take place in order (reverse order of installation):
- Remove Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE).
- Remove the SEE Framework.
- Remove ADAM.
- Restart the computer.