For Managed Symantec Endpoint Protection Clients
A SEPM's managed clients are configured to download from an internal Distribution Center in their applied LiveUpdate policy. See the articles referenced below for details.
For Symantec Endpoint Protection Managers
In some cases, it is best to configure the SEPM to retrieve SESM update components from an internal LUA 2.x server Distribution Center, and then allow the SEPM to process and distribute delta updates to its managed clients.
To configure a site (SEPM) to download updates from an internal Distribution Center:
- On the console, click Admin.
- In the Tasks pane, click Servers.
- In the View pane, right-click Local Site, and then click Properties.
- In the "Site Properties" dialog box select LiveUpdate, specify when you want LiveUpdate to run.
- In the "Content Types to Download," section, inspect the list of update types that are downloaded.
- To add or delete an update type, click Change Selection, modify the "Content Types to Download", and click OK.
- In the "Languages to Download" section, inspect the list of languages that will be downloaded.
- To add or delete a language, click Change Selection, modify the languages selected, and click OK.
- In the "LiveUpdate Source servers" section, (below Languages to Download), inspect the current "LiveUpdate Source servers" that will be used to update the management server, which is Symantec LiveUpdate
server by default, and then do one of the following:
- To use the existing "LiveUpdate Source server", click OK.
- Do not continue with this procedure, you are finished.
- To use an "Internal LiveUpdate", click Edit Source Servers, and continue with this procedure (Step 10).
- In the "LiveUpdate Server" dialog box, check Use a specified internal LiveUpdate server, and then click Add.
- In the "Add LiveUpdate Server" dialog box, complete the boxes with the information that identifies the internal LiveUpdate server on the network, and then click OK.
- "Help" lists and describes the data to enter in the boxes. For fail over support, you can install, configure, and select more than one LiveUpdate server. If one
server goes off-line, the other server provides support.
- In the LiveUpdate Server dialog box, click OK