Allowing Ping with an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection client firewall
Article ID: 151353
How to add a rule in a Symantec Endpoint Protection client firewall to allow an unmanaged client to accept Ping.
To add a rule in the firewall polices:
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection client interface
- Select Status
- Click Options for "Network Threat Protection"
- Select Configure Firewall Rules
- Click Add
- Type a name for the new rule (Example: "Allow ICMP" )
- Under "Action", select Allow this traffic
- Select the network interface card that you want this rule applied to.
- Note: If you want this rule to always run, select Apply this rule while the screen saver is On and/or Off.
- Go to the Hosts tab
- Select Apply this rule to and select where you want this rule applied. (The default is "All hosts")
- Go to the Ports and Protocols tab
- Click on the Dropdown menu and select the ICMP
- In the sub menu, select Echo Request – 8 and Echo Reply - 0 (you may select others that you need for your environment)
- Click OK