If you manage on-premises deployments from Cloud Workload Protection and you want to import classic policies from your existing Symantec™ Data Center Security: Server Advanced to Symantec™ Cloud Workload Protection, you must first convert the policies to a format that is compatible with Cloud Workload Protection.
Use the attached tool to convert your classic policies to a Cloud Workload Protection compatible format. This conversion tool works only on Windows platforms.
To import a classic policy:
- Export the policy from the Java console of Data Center Security: Server Advanced.
- Convert the exported policy using the attached conversion tool.
- Import the policy to Cloud Workload Protection.
To convert a policy:
- Ensure that you have:
- Configured Java_Home correctly. The tool requires Java™ version 1.8 or higher.
- Exported the policy from Data Center Security: Server Advanced and have the exported policy handy.
- Download and extract the attached file exportforCWP.zip.
- Go to the extracted folder and launch the command prompt.
- Type the following command to run the cwpPolicyExport.bat file:
cwpPolicyExport.bat --host=<Host IP> --user=<User name> --password=<Password> --source=<path of the exported policy>
- Host IP: The IP address of the Data Center Security: Server Advanced management console.
- User name: The user name of the Data Center Security: Server Advanced Java console.
- Password: The password, associated with the specified user name of the Data Center Security: Server Advanced Java console.
- Source: The path of the exported policy that you want to convert.
The converted policies will be available in the folder where you had extracted the conversion tool zip file.