How to upgrade Installaton Manager offline.
Article ID: 150374
Follow below steps to upgrade the Symantec installation Manager (SIM) offline to 8.0.79 version:
- On the internet facing Symantec Management Platform (SMP) Server open the SIM and update it’s version to 8.0.79.
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 offline Installer from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779 and install it on the non-internet facing SMP Server.
- On the internet facing SMP Server go to the following default location ‘C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris’.
- Verify the version of ‘symantecinstallationmanagersetup.exe’ file (from file > properties > details, it should be 8.0.79).
- Copy the ‘symantecinstallationmanagersetup.exe’ (which 8.0.79) file to the non-internet facing SMP Server.
- Run the installer onto the same directory where the ‘Altiris’ directory is already present.
- After the installation is completed successfully, open the SIM and go to Settings > click on ‘About Symantec Installation Manager’ to verify the updated 8.0.79 version.