Adobe Flash Player download links were decommissioned on March 1st, 2016 per: Adobe Site
- Adobe details the following: Enterprise users must have a valid license to download and distribute Adobe Flash Player binaries.
- If you are not an enterprise user, please visit get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download Adobe Flash Player for your system.
- Please note that starting December 1st, 2015 you will be required to create an AdobeID to request an enterprise distribution license.
Work through the following Implementation and Distribution process:
- On the SMP Server Local Drive; create a folder named something like “AdobeFlash”
- Highlight the "AdobeFlash" folder; Right-click > Properties > Sharing tab:
- Share: Input the User Account Name to manage these packages (Generally the Administrators group as they are the owner) and click 'Share' to confirm
- Advanced Sharing...: Ensure the 'Share this folder' setting is enabled and 'Share name:' is the "AdobeFlash" name
- Similar to the following:
- On the SMP Server: Redirect the custom "AdobeFlash" folder to a specific URL:
- Work through the attached documentation pending SMP Server's Operating System:
- IIS_Setting_Required for Folder_Windows Server 2003.docx
- IIS_Setting_Required for Folder_Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.docx
- Note: These steps DO NOT need to be repeated following this initial implementation process.
- Create a new folder, named for the Software Bulletin like "APSB16-01," within the main folder "AdobeFlash" mentioned above
- Download the required patches for the Software Bulletin, like the install_flash_player_19_active_x.exe, and save in the Software Bulletin named folder like "APSB16-01"
- Note: These steps MUST BE repeated for each distributed Adobe Flash Player Software Bulletin
Advisory: The Adobe Flash Player update will be deployed in the same manner from this point via the Patch Remediation Center, for the Download URL will be provided in the PMImport.cab data like this: http://localhost/AdobeFlash/APSB16-01/install_flash_player_19_active_x.exe, and that will deploy via the normal process.