ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Enable AirDrop monitoring on Mac computers using DLP Endpoint Prevent
Article ID: 150212
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Prevent
Data Loss Prevention
Can you monitor files that are moved from Mac endpoints using the AirDrop service to connected devices?
Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Endpoint Prevent.
You can configure Endpoint Prevent to monitor files that are moved from Mac endpoints using the AirDrop service to connected devices using these steps:
- Go to the System > Agents > Application Monitoring screen.
- Click Add Application.
- Enter information in the following Application Information fields:
- Name. Enter AirDrop, or any other name that will allow you to easily identify the application.
- Binary Name. Enter sharingd.
- Select Generic in the Application Type section.
- Select Application File Access to monitor the files that the application opens or reads.
- Save your changes.