These release notes accompany the delivery of Symantec VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5
What’s New in VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5
This release of VIP Enterprise Gateway supports the following new features:
· VIP Enterprise Gateway supports authentication using VIP Access Push verification: When users sign in to your enterprise using their first-factor authentication, the VIP Service sends a VIP Access Push verification message to their registered mobile devices. The users can tap the Allow button on the verification message to perform second-factor authentication and complete their sign in. This ensures enhanced usability for users to perform second-factor authentication.
· If the user has multiple registered mobile devices, the VIP Service sends the push verification message to all these devices. However, the user only needs to approve push verification once.
· VIP Access Push is an alternative for security code. Users can always use a security code for second-factor authentication if VIP Access Push is unavailable.
• Before you upgrade to VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5, ensure that the VIP Enterprise Gateway server can access the following URLs:
Issues Addressed in This Release
The following are the issues addressed as part of VIP EG 9.5:
• vsradiusclient tool now supports Hostname in Server/Client Address
• Supports LDAP User Store bind passwords up to 64 characters
• VIP Manager IDP BaseDN supports a different BaseDN value than what is configured, when a single store is configured
• Self Service Portal now searches through all user stores, even if one of them is down
Note: This release also combines the fixes which were done as part of the VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.4.1. For the entire list of fixes, see What’s new in 9.4.1 Release Notes.
Known Issues and Workarounds
In this website, do the following to search for the known issues and their workarounds:
1. Under the Support tab, in the Validation & ID Protection Service (VIP) Support section, click Knowledge Center.
2. In the Symantec™ Validation and ID Protection Service (VIP) Support page, use the search box: Knowledge Center Search to find the known issues and their workarounds.
The following are the software limitation related to the VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5 release:
• Inability to support Internet Explorer version 11.
The following documents have been updated for this release:
• Symantec VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5 Release Notes (this document)
• Symantec VIP Enterprise Gateway Installation and Configuration Guide
Note: TheVIP Enterprise Gateway Installation and Configuration Guidedescribes introduction, pre-installation requirements, installation procedures, basic configurations, and description of the features of VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5
To understand how to perform tasks associated with the VIP Enterprise Gateway features, refer to the VIP Enterprise Gateway Online help. Click the Help tab that is displayed at the top of the VIP Enterprise Gateway screen to access the VIP Enterprise Gateway Online help.
VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.5 Release Notes
Copyright © 2011 – 2014 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.
Symantec, the Symantec Logo, and the Checkmark Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. The product described in this document is distributed under licenses restricting its use, copying, distribution, and decompilation/reverse engineering. No part of this document may be reproduced in any form by any means without prior written authorization of Symantec Corporation and its licensors, if any.
THE DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON‐INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID. SYMANTEC CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THIS DOCUMENTATION. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENTATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
The Licensed Software and Documentation are deemed to be commercial computer software as defined in FAR 12.212 and subject to restricted rights as defined in FAR Section 52.227-19 "Commercial Computer Software ‐ Restricted Rights" and DFARS 227.7202, et seq. “Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as applicable, and any successor regulations. Any use, modification, reproduction release, performance, display or disclosure of the Licensed Software and Documentation by the U.S. Government shall be solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
This document may describe features and/or functionality not present in your software or your service agreement. Contact your account representative to learn more about what is available with this Symantec product.
350 Ellis Street Mountain View,