What’s New in VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.2
This release of VIP Enterprise Gateway contains the following new features:
- Multiple disparate User Stores: VIP Enterprise Gateway supports configuring multiple disparate User Stores in the same VIP Enterprise Gateway server.
- Use of various login formats for a user: VIP Enterprise Gateway enables the users to login with various formats such as domain\username or [email protected] All these formats will represent the same user in the VIP Authentication Service.
- Anonymous identity for a user in VIP Authentication Service: VIP Enterprise Gateway provides the ability to register an anonymous identity, which can be different from the user's corporate user ID in VIP Authentication Service. This helps the organizations meet stronger privacy requirements.
- True proxy for RADIUS authentication requests under delegation: Ability to act as a true proxy for RADIUS authentication requests meant for third party and legacy authentication servers. Hence, providing a mixed authentication environment during transition.
- Non-English LDAP and VIP User Names: VIP Enterprise Gateway supports non-English LDAP and VIP user names in UTF-8 encoding.
- Extended ASCII characters in passwords: VIP Enterprise Gateway accepts extended ASCII characters in passwords based on a configurable encoding.
Upgrade Related Changes
After you upgrade to the VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.2, Symantec VIP Manager IDP and User services endpoints changes to the following URLs:
The Organization has to appropriately white list these URLs from the VIP Enterprise Gateway server or on their proxy server.
If you do not want to use the new VIP Manager interface, you can go back to the old URL. For more details, refer to the Configuring a Third-Party IDP Service section in the Symantec VIP Installation and Configuration Guide.
Issues Addressed in this Release
This release of VIP Enterprise Gateway supports the previously known issues that have been resolved in the VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.1.1 patch. If you encounter problems with any of these, provide your Symantec representative with the issue statement that is assigned to the particular issue.
Known Issues and Workarounds
For information about issues and workarounds related to this release, access the Customer Support web page for VIP Enterprise Gateway at the following URL:
In this website, do the following:
2.In the Customer Support page, in the Identity &Authentication Services section, click Symantec™ Validation and ID Protection Service (VIP) Support.
3.In the Symantec™ Validation and ID Protection Service (VIP) Support page, in the Knowledge Center Search box, enter VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.2 and click Search.
The following documents have been updated for this release:
·Symantec VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.2 Release Notes (this document)
·Symantec VIP Enterprise Gateway Installation and Configuration Guide
Note: VIP Enterprise Gateway Installation and Configuration Guide discusses introduction, pre-installation requirements, installation procedures, basic configurations, and description of the features of VIP Enterprise Gateway 9.2.
To understand the procedures that you need to do for performing tasks associated with the VIP Enterprise Gateway features, refer to the VIP Enterprise Gateway Online Help. You can click the Help and Support link that is displayed at the top-right of the VIP Enterprise Gateway screen to access VIP Enterprise Gateway Online Help.