How to setup the 10.4.1 Spectrum Performance View (Beta) on Linux
Release : 10.4.1
Component : OneClick
2. Install the 10.04.01.PTF_10.4.103 patch
3. Start the SpectroSERVER and Archive Manager
4. Start influxd by running the following from the $SPECROOT/influx directory. To prevent output from printing to the screen and run influx in the background, enter the following command:
./influxd -config influxdb_spectrum.conf > /dev/null 2>&1 &
5. Create the spectrum user in influx by running the following command in the $SPECROOT/influx directory:
./influx -port 9445 -database spectrum -execute "CREATE USER spectrum WITH PASSWORD 'spectrum' WITH ALL PRIVILEGES"
6. Configure the SpectrumInsideView.conf file.
Edit the $SPECROOT/insideView/SpectrumInsideView.conf file.
Change <OneClickServerName> to the hostname of the OneClick server
NOTE: It is very important to NOT delete the dash "-" character in front of the - <OneClickServerName> under the "OneClickNodes:" section.
Change <OneClickuser> to the OneClick super username
Change the <OneClickpwd> to the password for the <OneClickuser>
Change the value of the OneClickPort (80 below) to the port you have running OneClick condigure for.
httpMode : http
OcUsername : <OneClickuser>
OCPassword : <OneClickpwd>
OneClickPort : 80
7. Install Grafana
Log into https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/installation/rpm/ and download the Grafana rpm. These instructions use the Grafana open source grafana-6.6.1-1.x86_64.rpm package.
If your system has access to the internet, you can run the following “wget” command to download the Grafana open source grafana-6.6.1-1.x86_64.rpm package.
Use the “yum” command to install the Grafana rpm. Run yum as either the root user or a valid sudo user.
yum install grafana-6.6.1-1.x86_64.rpm
8. Start Grafana:
Run the following commands to run Grafana. Run as either the root user or a valid sudo user:
systemctl start grafana-server
systemctl status grafana-server
systemctl enable grafana-server.service
9. Download the $SPECROOT/insideView/dashboard/OneClick_Server_View.json and Spectrum_health_View.json files to your Windows client
You will be prompted to change the password for the admin user.
11. Click on the Configuration “cog” icon and select Configuration -> Data Sources from the menu
Click on the Add data source button
Name - InfluxDB
URL - http://localhost:9445
In the Auth section, enable Basic auth
In the Basic Auth Details section, set User to spectrum and password to spectrum
In the InfluxDB Details section set Database to spectrum
Click on the Save & Test button
12. Click on the plus "+" icon and select Create -> Folder from the menu.
Enter "Spectrum Performance View" in the Name field and click on the Create button.
13. Click on the Dashboards icon and select Manage from the menu
a. Select the Spectrum Performance View folder
Repeat steps 13 a-g to import the Spectrum_health_View.json file
14. Start the SpectrumInsideView by running the following from the $SPECROOT/insideView directory. To prevent output from printing to the screen and run SpectrumInsideView in the background, enter the following command:
./SpectrumInsideView > /dev/null 2>&1 &
15. In Grafana, click on the Home icon
Select Spectrum health View (Beta) and verify data is displayed.
Select OneClick Server - DSS View (Beta) and verify data is displayed.