After modifying Jasper Domain any try to run a report fails and in the ServiceDesk stdlog files we can see the following error:
domsrvr 7496 ERROR sec_mgr.c 4030 Unable to find DomSession 117783223 used by user caadmin invoked by dal_jdbc_driver_hostnameI with reply method prepare_sqlquerynnn
Release : 17.2
Component : JASPERSOFT REPORTS FOR SERVICE MANAGEMENT
While editing the Jasper Domain, the back-end ODBC connection established to run reports timed out.
Currently, there is no way to reconnect automatically the ODBC/JDBC connection once the connection has timed out.
1. Increase odbc/jdbc timeout on ServiceDesk
In order to increase the odbc timeout from default 60 min to 120 min, follow steps:
- Save current NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\web.cfg file.
- Within the file, do the following change (be aware that the value is in minutes) :
! OdbcTimeout 60
- for the change to take effect, the CA Service Desk service needs to be restarted.
2. Increase timeout on JasperServer
- WEB-INF/jasperserver-servlet.xml in the JasperSoft Apache Tomcat folder.
Modify below property/line to a larger value.
<property name="lockTimeoutSeconds" value="90"/>
<property name="lockTimeoutSeconds" value="180"/>
- for the change to take effect, JasperReports services need to be restarted.
See the following article for steps to retain the change when doing a pdm_configure :