Trying to understand if idash has an option to override /adjust SLA deadline for the below scenario?
- Job runs every Friday night at 9:00 PM and finishes in 20-30minutes
- We set up SLA for 10:00 PM deadline.
- SLA runs fine every week.
- The application schedules some type of maintenance to run on Friday night at 8:00 PM - will take 60 to 90 minutes
- The application submits a temp request (onetime override) to start the job at 10:00 PM for this one Friday night run.
- Will iDash understand that an override has been submitted and adjust the SLA deadline accordingly?
iDash doesn't have an option to override an SLA deadline. Idash does not understand if an override has been submitted or not so, therefore it will not adjust the SLA deadline.
The SLA will most likely show predicted missed or missed. In this scenario, you can create multiple deadlines for this SLA, or try to increase the run window so that the SLA will not be missed or show predicted missed.