When initiating the deletion of the tag, a confirmation message like "Are you sure you want to permanently delete this tag? The tag is used by # items." appears. In this way, you would know if the tag is being used by a work item or not. However, this is not very helpful when you have several tags on the list. There are two ways to get the information:
- You can also get the tags by creating an API call to get this information in a roundabout way.
- It would be necessary to query for each artifact type (Defect, User Story, Defect Suite, Test Set, Portfolio Item and Test Case). Here is the query for Defect:
- https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.0/defect?query=(Tags.ObjectID > 0)&fetch=Tags,Project
- It would then be possible to go through the JSON output (using a script) to find the Tags/projects/Tag names etc.....
- You can get a list of the tags by using Tag Management App. See the GitHub link for more information.
- Add "Custom HTML" app to your dashboard or shared page
- Copy the HTML Code from: https://github.com/RallyTechServices/tag-management/blob/master/deploy/Ugly.txt
- Paste the HTML code into the HTML area > Save
- See the Custom HTML App, it should look similar to:
In the image above, tag 123 is being used and tag 1234 is not being used.