After upgrading of Oracle database, AE processes consume memory without releasing.
- Oracle database was upgraded from 12.1 to 12.2
- Since then system processes (CP & WP) occupied more and more memory overtime until server's RAM is exhausted
- Upgrading AE from 12.2.1HF4 to 12.3.1 and the issue still persists.
- Another environment with original AE 12.2.1HF4 works normally.
Analysis from R&D:
- If AE core is still the same, the only change to the environment was the new Oracle version, then the cause must be an issue with Oracle client.
Release : 12.3
Component : AUTOMATION ENGINE
Upgrade to corresponding oracle client and the issue does not appear anymore.