CA Workload Automation ESP Edition
what are the avenue for esp to kick off a process. Time, event file etc. Can a API make a call to esp to kick off a process?
Release : 11.4 and above
Component : CA ESP WORKLOAD AUTOMATION
There are quite a few ways to trigger the event:
- Define schedule date/time;
- Use DSTRIG or WOBTRIG in the event:
- Set the event as a monitor event:
- Issue TRIGGER command.
And you can access ESP thru many different methods, here are some commonly used ones:
- Issue MVS comamnd against ESP STC, like:
- Run ESP in batch JCL;
- Call ESP (which itself can be considered as an API) from REXX.
From distributed platform:
- Run ESPlmi utility: it's in the agent installation folder
- Run ESPmgr utility: it's in the agent installation folder
- Use REST API.