Internal Slices have the from_date_offset Attribute, which is a negative number of periods for that internal slice to go back (past) from the "From Date". For example, M_ALC internal slice has 36 periods, that should cover 12 months in the past ('-12' from_date_offset), and 24 months from (and including) the current month.
Periods for a TSV do not follow this rule, all periods are covered starting the From Date and to the future, no periods are available in the past.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Check the periods for the M_ALC (Allocation, Monthly) timeslice, in the PRJ_BLB_TIMEPERIODS DB table.
from_date: Feb 1st 2019, num_periods: 36, from_date_offset: -12
- Go to Home > Projects > [project] > Team > Details
- Configure TSV to display Monthly Allocation, for 1 period only, starting on Feb 1st 2019.
- Values will be displayed if there is any, and no error will be shown.
- Move the TSV to display January 2019.
No error is displayed, as the TSV should display Feb 2019 - 12 months (as early as Feb 2018), to Feb 2019 + 24 months (to Jan 2021).Actual Results:
"Alert: The time periods requested do not exist. Review the column's Time Scale settings." is displayed. Available periods for the TSV go from Feb 2019 to Jan 2022.Workaround:
Ignore from_date_offset value and configure the From Date with the date the first period should be available.