SystemEDGE not reporting accurate memory utilization within CAPM
Article ID: 144891
CA Virtual Assurance for IM
- RHEL server is generating false memory utilization alert as per CAPM even after enabling buffers + cache as part of SystemEDGE free memory calculation.
Release : 12.9
Component : SEAGTU - SYSTEMEDGE AGENT LINUX / UNIX
This above calculation is a more accurate representation of true memory usage in RHEL7.
- The patch is T6DM043 which is applicable to SystemEDGE 5.9 on RHEL7.x.
- MemAvailable value was new metric introduced in RHEL7 within cat /proc/meminfo output.
- This new patch does not use buffers + cached for freemem calculation so you do not want to enable this.
- Instead It will only look at MemAvailable for the MemInUse calculation:
MemTotal - MemAvailable = MemInUse.