SDM Standby server patching rollup3 post installation steps hung up at 93% complete. The install was cancelled and restarted, but hung up at the same spot. Cancelled the install again. Checked the log files. I checked the a_cdb_componentinstallstate table for the machinename ( with the standby server name) . all task were complete, except the running task.sdm.postinstall.steps.188.8.131.52. I checked the al_cdb_configurationparameters table for the machinename (with the standy server name) and the configvalue looked ok. I ran the pdm_server_control -t command and the status came back as application instead of standby. After checking the NX.ENV, site\config.properties, pdmconfig\pdm_startup and other files. They had references to one of the application sdm servers instead of the standby server local host name.
Before applying rollup3 patch , the standby server's NX.env and config.properties already contained wrong host name ( it contained one of the application servers name instead of the host name of the standby server name .
Release : 17.1
Component : SERVICE DESK MANAGER