Replication of permissions takes effect about 100 secs later, or it may even be required to restart the Jaspersoft services
You may also see unexpected permissions errors including:
- From Clarity Reports and Jobs: RPT-0022: You do not have proper privileges to run the report.
- From Advanced Reporting: Error Message Org.springframework.security.access.AccessDeniedException: Access is denied
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Set up 2 nodes. (In this example, using 2x Windows/Linux Server VMs). Use the RMI config option for cache replication
- Log in to the first node (Server A) as superuser and the second node (server B) as 'testuser'
- Create a "test" folder under root and change ROLE_USER to "Administrator" on server A.
- On Server B, refresh the repository and see the "test" folder with "Administrator" permissions
- On Server A, as superuser, change the permissions on the "test" folder to "No Access"
- On Server B, as the testuser, refresh the repository and notice that the "test" folder has "No Access" but you can make changes to the folder content.
- Wait about 100 secs for the "test" to disappear which means the replication has taken effect.
Expected Results: Replication of folder permissions incurs no delays.
Actual Results: Replication of permissions takes effect about 100 secs later, or it may even be needed to restart the Jaspersoft services