What happens to booking status for a Hard Booked Resource if the Project Manager changes allocation details?
Article ID: 144624
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
If a resource has a hard booking status, will it revert back to soft if the project manager changes any of the below:
- % default allocation
- allocation start and finish dates
Release : All Supported Releases
Component : CA PPM SAAS PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- If the Default Allocation is changed:
- The allocation that the Project Manager (PM) has set will go into planned allocation, and booking status changes to mixed.
- Once the Resource Manager (RM) changes it back to hard, the allocation the PM proposed for default allocation gets moved to the hard allocation segments
- Similarly with allocation date changes:
- If the PM changes the resource’s allocated dates for the project, the booking status changes to mixed, and the proposed date changes show up in the planned allocation segment section.
- Once the RM changes the status to Hard, the updated dates from the PM show up in Hard Allocation.
See KB: 35729
- How and when the booking status for a resource changes to "Mixed"?
See KB: 141061 for tips on how to optimize use of Self Service for Clarity PPM