Avoid downtime when upgrading Spectrum in a Distributed, Fault Tolerant environment.
Article ID: 144472
Avoid downtime when upgrading Spectrum in a Distributed, Fault-Tolerant environment.
Any Fault Tolerance, Distributed Spectrum System as of January 2020.
If you have Fault Tolerance, you can avoid downtime of a Distributed Spectrum System upgrade as follows:
- Have all the users log into one set of OneClick systems
- Shutdown the Primary and all other OneClick systems that are not being used. Users will be failed over to the secondary systems.
- Upgrade the Primary and OneClick systems that were shutdown MLS, SS and then OC.
- Start the upgraded Primary and OneClick systems
- Have users log out of the old OneClick systems and log into the new upgraded OneClick systems
- Shutdown the Secondary and other OneClick systems that have not been upgraded and upgrade