This article will provide information related to case management.
Here are few frequently asked questions on Case Management:
1. How to create a Support Case?
Note: One must have access to a valid support Site Id.
2. How to update or add comments to an existing case?
Any case can be updated by adding comments using the Support Portal Case Management. A notification will be sent to the assigned engineer with an update. For more details, please refer to the article "How to update the case"
3. How to attach a file and is there any limit to attach a file to a case?
Files can be attached using the file attachment option available within the case on the Support Portal. To upload/attach the files to a case, refer to the article "How to upload the file"
Note: There is no size limit for attaching a file to a case.
4. Can I change the Severity of a case on the Support Portal?
Yes, case severity can be changed in the case management online. For more details, please refer to the article "How to change the severity"
Note: To update the case to severity 1, please contact Broadcom Customer Care.
5. How to escalate a Support Case?
If the criticality of your case changes, you can update the severity level of that case through the Broadcom Support portal or by discussing it with the engineer handling your issue.
If you have a concern on whether your service levels are being met, you should engage Broadcom Support management about your need for increased attention, rather than simply changing the severity level, please use the Raise Concern button to notify the Support Management (Please Note: This is not to be used for escalating priority to SEVERITY 1).
6. Why I'm unable to find a case on the support portal?
There could be multiple reasons why you are unable to see a specific case in Case Management:
Note: Ensure that the email address updated on the case is a registered email address. If not registered, please follow these Registration steps.
1. One's email address must be added to the case contact to view this case under the "My cases" tab on the Support Portal Case Management.
2. If you are trying to view the case opened by your colleagues, please click on the "All Cases" tab next to the My Cases tab.
3. Make sure the filters have been set correctly depending on the status of the case. Following are status available in Case Management:
Open - All cases in Open, Pending Customer and Pending Customer Verification Status.
Resolved - All cases in Closed Status
Critical - All cases currently at a Critical p1 severity level.
7. Where can I find the case Timeline on the case management?
Case Timeline can be viewed under the Unified History tab within the case.
8. How do I access Knowledge attached to my case?
All the KB articles can be viewed using the tab called "Related Content" available on the Case Management. Please refer the article "How do I access Knowledge attached to my case?"
9. Can I add an alternate contact to be copied for communications on a case?
Yes, up to three email addresses can be added as alternate emails to a case. For more details, please refer to the Article "Alternate Contact"
10. Can I reopen a closed case on the support portal?
No, there is no option to reopen a closed case. We suggest that you create a new case with reference to the old case number.
11. Can I close a case on the Support Portal Case Management?
Yes, case closure can be requested online on Case Management. Please refer to the article "How to request case closure"
Note: This will not close the case, instead, it will send a notification to the Broadcom support engineer to review and close the case.
If you need any assistance, please contact Broadcom Customer Care.