Release tracking works like this:
- A user requests Release Tracking for a set of projects on the Release Tracking page.
- That request goes to the database, which checks to see if there is Release Tracking data already pulled for the dates and projects of the Release for that subscription.
- If there is current data, it returns it back to the page.
- If not, it kicks off a job to compute data for each day that has not already been pulled for the dates in the Release.
- This can take a very long time to process, especially if the data has not been pulled for a month or so.
- Meanwhile, the Release Tracking page will be checking every 10 seconds to see if the data has been collected yet.
- While the Release Tracking page is waiting on data, the page will display a yellow/gold "Loading" splash on the screen.
- The first request for each day may be slow, but subsequent requests on the day should be much faster.
As a workaround for this, we suggest opening the Release Tracking page in one tab, and if it is taking a long time, opening another tab to continue working in Rally as data for the page is being processed.