Can you explain what the RSS alerts feature does and how it works?
Release : 10.1
Component : CA APP SYNTHETIC MONITOR (WATCHMOUSE)
RSS feed is a target for messages as any other contact. If you use the RSS feed as the contact for monitor alerting, all messages will be written there.
1. First, go to Reports & Alerts -> Alert Contacts -> Create Contact.
2. Under Type, select RSS and for Name, you can give it any name you choose. After filling out the rest of the fields, click Save.
3. Scroll down in the contacts to find the newly created contact. As you can see from the screenshot below, it gives you a link.
4. You then take that link and append it to https://asm.ca.com. So your final link to get the RSS alert in this example is below. You will be brought to a page with xml info on the alert. You can then refresh the page as often as you want.
https://asm.ca.com/en/rss.php?feed=<...> where <...> is the rest of the URL as above.
Important: It is important to note that there is no login or token for this url. It is open to all. However, the only way to get to this URL is if you know the full exact URL. You cannot go to part of the URL and be redirected or be redirected from some other URL.
1. The Alert date/time is seen by the text ALERT. The most recent alert sent out is the first one that appears.
ALERT: ASM Tue, 14 Jan 2020 16:39:01 +0000
2. If you have reminders set up for alerting, they will appear like this.
REMINDER: ASM Tue, 14, Jan 2020 16:31:02 +0000
3. Only messages not older than 1 month are displayed. The list is shrunk/contained to 20 items.