How to add CA Top Secret control options dynamically

book

Article ID: 14385

calendar_today

Updated On:

Products

CA Top Secret CA Top Secret - LDAP

Issue/Introduction



How can you specify CA Top Secret control options dynamically without the need to recycle TSS or IPL?

We need to dynamically add the following facility definition so we don't have to recycle Top Secret or wait for the next IPL.

FACILITY(USER60=NAME=DB2RAS)
FACILITY(DB2RAS=RES)
FACILITY(DB2RAS=TYPE=DB2)
DB2FAC(RAS2=DB2RAS)
DB2FAC(RAS3=DB2RAS)

Environment

Release: TOPSEC00200-15-Top Secret-Security
Component:

Resolution

You can add you FACILITY definition dynamically by adding 'TSS MODIFY' in front of your FACILITY and DB2FAC definition and entering them on TSO option 6.

Example:

TSS MODIFY FACILITY(USER60=NAME=DB2RAS)

TSS MODIFY FACILITY(DB2RAS=RES)

TSS MODIFY FACILITY(DB2RAS=TYPE=DB2)

TSS MODIFY DB2FAC(RAS2=DB2RAS)

TSS MODIFY DB2FAC(RAS3=DB2RAS)


You can do 90% of the CA Top Secret Parameter File Settings. The other 10% parm file setting cant be changes dynamically and you will get an error message if you attempt it.

To display current the FACILITY settings issue a TSS MODIFY FAC(xxxxxxxx) where 'xxxxxx' is the FACILITY name. Example TSS MODIFY FAC(DB2RAS)