Is it possible to migrate the database (data) of CA API Gateway 9.3 or 9.4 from internal(localhost) mysql database to an external mysql database?
Release : 9.2
Component : API GATEWAY
What are the steps to migrate gateway SSG database from local mysql to external mysql database
**** BUT SPECIAL NOTE: Take a VM Snapshot before doing any changes as a precaution.
Assuming you have an external Mysql same version (not a gateway) installed
Source Gateway = Gateway currently Hosting the db.
Destination DB = your remote mysql.
1) On Source gateway just
mysqldump ssg > ssg.sql
2) Copy the ssg.sql file from Source Gateway to Destination DB.
3) on Destination DB
** NOTE Below Replace gateway_user_password with your actual password 7layer or other.. Its easier if you use the exact same password as currently used.
mysql> create database ssg;
mysql> create user 'gateway'@'%'
all on ssg.* to [email protected]'%';
mysql.user SET password = PASSWORD('gateway_user_password') WHERE user =
"gateway"; flush privileges;
# mysql ssg < ssg.sql
4) Replication is not provided since its outside our scope in a external db.
5) On All gateways (Primary (Secondary if exists) and processing nodes)
IF You used the same password for gateway user in step 3 then you can if you need a new password it gets a little more complex please ask.
# vi /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/etc/conf/node.properties
Change the value of the below Variable to equal your new host.
to be the new name OR IP of the db system (DESTINATION DB).
*** Ensure once you VI the file and make a change that the NEW HOST NAME/IP HAS no trailing white spaces if it does ensure you delete them.
6) Restart your gateway service and ensure it starts.
* This also needs to be restarted on Each gateway (Primary/secondary/processing where the node.properties has change for the change to take effect).
# service ssg restart