ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
MSP: Tasks changed from Fixed Work to Fixed Units
Article ID: 143481
Clarity PPM On Premise
In working with the Microsoft Project (MSP) New Driver, some tasks have changed from Fixed Work to Fixed Units.
- One known cause of this issue is if the project was temporarily removed from the prdocument table.
- See KB 142460 - for more details on the impact of removing the project from the prdocument table
Release : All Supported Releases
Component : CA PPM MICROSOFT PROJECT (MSP)
- Manually change the task type in MSP to Fixed Work for impacted tasks
- Correct any data discrepancies (if a backup of the project exists on a workstation, then can be used for a comparison
- Save back to PPM
A tip to help save time in updating the task types here a project manager has a lot of tasks that need to be changed is found at: 121413
- If the above isn't the cause and you've recently migrated from the MSP legacy driver, see: KB 121413
- KB: 71385 - CA Clarity PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
- KB: 15956 - CA Clarity PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index
- See KB 141061 - How to search for known Clarity PPM Issues using Self Service