Can I set up the HA probe in any Secondary hub using rsp probe for Fail Over?
Yes, HA probe in any Secondary hub for Fail Over
Here are some considerations:
In the customer's environment,
- HA probe should be installed on the standby hub
- HA probe heartbeat interval should be long enough so that it doesnt failover to the standby unless the hub is down for example for 120 seconds or more but this depends on your customer's scenario/requirements.
- rsp probe should be deployed on the standby hub
- In the HA probe, set the rsp probe to Activate upon failover
- Also, the local attach queue must be configured and set to activate on failover to the standby hub.
- rsp.cfg should be identical (copied over manually or via script upon failover), but connections to target machines FROM the rsp instance TO the monitored targets must be tested and work as expected.
- hub-to-hub communication - make sure that the HA probe on the standby hub has no issues communicating to/from the local hub where rsp is deployed
- Use latest version of HA probe
- Stop the Nimsoft Robot watcher on the hub to test the failover to the secondary hub