You want to know how to find and download software and solutions for Broadcom's Mainframe, CA/Enterprise, Symantec, Brocade, and Semiconductor offerings.
To download a product, you must be registered on the Broadcom Support Portal as an enterprise user with a valid Support Site ID.
To download a product, you can either add product to a cart to download later, download directly through browser, or get an FTPS link. The cart method is useful for downloading multiple files.
If you decide to add the product to the cart, navigate to the CART page to continue downloading.
FTPS can be used for individual downloads as well as orders and zipped files.
HTTPS Browser can be used only for individual item downloads.
The HTTPS Browser option will not be available for downloading orders and zipped files.
Product specific information can be searched from many locations within the new portal. The search scope is more focused as the user navigates deeper towards the Product page.
1. From the Mainframe home page, Enter the Solution ID in the search field. This will search all areas within the Mainframe segment.
The Solution ID searched will be the top Solution result.
2. Searching from the Product Page provides results specifically for that product.
From Mainframe home, or Product Information, type in the product name in the search field and select it from the list. This will bring you to the Product Page.
From the Product Page, you can search for product specific information.
3. The Download Management center allows for quick searching and filtering of solutions. The following is an example of a search to find solutions for a given CA Recommended Service CAR1911.
The following is a list of solution search keywords can be used to quickly find Mainframe SMP/E PTF solutions.
It is recommended to use SMP/E Receive Order to submit requests for PTFs and HOLDDATA to a remote server. The packages are automatically downloaded to your mainframe system. Please find these instructions to configure SMP/E CA Internet Service Retrieval.
The following steps are required to create a package that can contains required PTF solutions to install using SMP/E.
1. Select Download Management / Solution List for a given product
2. Use search filters to find PTF solutions.
3. Select DATE since last solution applied and click SEARCH
4. Select ADD ALL TO CART or add to cart individually.
5. If ADD ALL TO CART is utilized, the solution cart will contain all solutions since the date selected. After all solutions have been selected, Select CART on the toolbar.
6. For mainframe products, you will be prompted to build a PTF package that has dependent solutions. To limit the number of PTFs included in the ZIP file, select the GEN level that you installed. Then select Checkout.
7. If the build of a complete PTF chain is not available it is recommended that you ADD all solutions to the CART. It is not recommended that any solutions are deleted from the CART as this can cause the installation to fail. Only use the Delete to remove any solutions that you know are not required. Use CHECKOUT to create the ZIP file.
8. The download solution cart ZIP file directly to the mainframe and UNZIP the solutions into a USS directory. Please refer to the CAUNZIP procedures.
9. For more details on how to download HOLDDATA, please refer to the Holddata procedures.
If you need help with any of these steps, contact Broadcom Customer Care or use our Virtual Agent chat in the lower-right corner of this website.