User Administration (also known as Delegated Admin) is an optional function that is available to Broadcom enterprise customers. It provides the ability for User Administrators to manage user access to their site IDs via Broadcom Support Portal. A User Administrator takes on the responsibility of approving, updating and revoking access for users for a specified site ID. When a request is generated from an end-user, the User Administrator will be notified via email of the pending request.
Note: The User Administrators will have 3 business days to accept or reject the request. If the request is not processed by the User Administrator in 3 business days, Broadcom Customer Care will process the request according to current business rules.
Please note that in the event Broadcom receives an inquiry from an enrollee about the status of pending enrollment and there is a User Administrator to a site, we will inform the caller that the site has a UA and provide the name of UA.
User Administrator access request steps:
To get access to the User Administrator, please follow the steps mentioned below:
NOTE: You should have enterprise access for that site to become an admin.
1. Login to the Broadcom Portal: https://support.broadcom.com/user/
2. Once logged in, Please select the division :
3. Click on "My tools" then "Site access request":
4. Select the Admin access tab next to the Support Site ID access:
5. You can select the site ID you wish to become an admin for, the status will show from *No* to *Pending*.
After selecting site(s) for which you want to become the User Administrator, enter supporting information in the text box. Supporting information example would be something like:
“I need to be able to limit certain users access to product downloads at this site."
6. Once you submit the request, you will see the following page.
7. For sites that do not have a User Administrator, Broadcom Support enrollments are managed by Braodcom Customer Care. Please be mindful of the following before you take on this responsibility:
- Once you are approved to become the User Administrator, you will be responsible for processing all enrollments for the site
- If you do not process enrollment within 3 business days (Accept or Reject), Broadcom can process enrollment per our standard business rules and will contact you before processing
- If the enrollee does contact Broadcom inquiring about the status of a pending enrollment, we will provide enrollee the User Administrator(s) and contact information and inform enrollee the processing is pending approval from Site User Administrator
Delegated User Admin functions:
User Administrator takes on the responsibilities of approving, updating and revoking access for the user at specific support site id. Requests for access to a site will be routed to the User Administrator instead of to Broadcom Customer Care. Please refer to User Administrator Guide.
If you need any assistance, please contact a Broadcom Customer Care Representative by submitting a request using a Webform.