Brazil has canceled DST and will stay on standard time indefinitely. How this change will affect Clarity PPM?
The release 2019b onward of the IANA Time Zone Database has included this change.
We have been noticing a few side effects and unexpected behaviors if it is not fixed e.g. the checkinstall script saying the App Server Timezone does not match with DB Timezone.
Clarity PPM 15.7.x
Clarity PPM 15.6.x
All the items below must be validated:
A) Make sure the Brazilian timezone is set and the DST is still enabled (Adjust for daylight saving time automatically option):
B) Ensure the tzdata on the Clarity PPM servers have the update for DST change:
The tzdata version should be tzdata2019b or above.
Here are the steps to check the version and update the tzdata:
1) Download the Java Time Zone Updater tool:
2) Extract the Time Zone Updater (tzupdater-2_3_0.zip) file and save the tzupdater.jar file in the Java Bin directory:
3) In a Command Prompt window as Administrator, go to Java Bin folder and run the following syntax to check the version of tzupdater.jar file:
java -jar tzupdater.jar -V
4) In a Command Prompt window as Administrator, go to Java Bin folder directory and run the following syntax to manually patch Java with the tzdata2019b (timezone data):
java -jar tzupdater.jar -l file:///c:/tzupdate/tzdata2019b.tar.gz
5) Successfully updated to tzdata2019b version.
6) Restart Clarity PPM services.
After starting up Clarity PPM services, run the Health Report and make sure the Application and Database Timezone match on Database and DWH tabs.