We're running a Policy Server in a Federation scenario and we'd like
to know how to set the NameID within the Authnrequest ?
Policy Server 12.8SP3 on RedHat 7;
At first glance, there's no option to include the NameID in the
Subject within an Authnrequest. In the Authnrequest is only to specify
the NameID format, and optionally allow the IdP to create the user
You may be able to customize the Authnrequest by Customizing an
Customize Assertion Content
Implement the AssertionGeneratorPlugin Interface
Deploy an Assertion Generator Plug-in
Enable the Assertion Generator Plug-in
In order to get that functionality implemented in SiteMinder, we
invite you to submit an Enhancement Request (Idea) on the Security
1. Go to the "All Ideas" page :
2. Click on the "Add" button.
3. In the "Select categories...", select "Layer7 Access Management".
4. Write a title in the "title" box.
5. Write a complete description of the Enahcement Request or
Certification you'd like to post.
6. Click on "Save" to get the Idea submitted !