- Need to decrease the alarm severity for InternalAlarm message.
Release : 8.5
Component : UNIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE MGMT
You can use a preprocessing rule and filter on the message /.*<message_string>.*/ and run a LUA script to decrease the severity from a higher level to a Warning.
Example message filter: /.*Unable to get CPU data.*/
1. Open the NAS GUI on the Primary Hub.
2. Select Auto-Operator -> Scripts -> right click and select new script.
3. Add the following and save the new script:
event.level = "2"
NOTE: If you test the script in this window it will fail, so you can ignore that error.
4. Under Auto-Operator -> preprocessing Rules -> right click and select new.
5. Select the following:
- Filter type: custom
- Severity Level: Major (optional)
- Select "NMS Hub Name" and hit F1, select the hub in question. (optional)
- Custom Script: Select the new script you already created.
Note that you can send a test alarm via the nas to make sure the Major alarm you send is decreased to a Warning severity/level.
For example, rt-click in the nas Status Tab window and Send a Test alarm -> InternalAlarm: Unable to get CPU data (error).
The major alarm will be decreased in severity and display as a Warning alarm in the alarm subconsole.