Starting Wednesday, December 18, 2019, at 6:PM Pacific, all customers will be prompted for MFA (Multifactor Authentication) when accessing Broadcom Portal including all other sites (Ex: Customer Support Portal). This will further enhance application and Personal Identifiable Information (PII) security at Broadcom.
What is Multifactor Authentication (MFA)?
- It's a security feature, which prompts the user to provide additional information for verification purposes, before accessing their account in Broadcom systems.
Why Multifactor Authentication (MFA)?
- To improve the security, to protect the User Credentials as well the Broadcom resources that a user can access.
Multifactor Authentication (MFA) – Facts
- Broadcom login will start prompting users (External Only) to request a system-generated unique security code and enter it before successfully logging in.
- The user can only receive this security code to their registered email.
- Once a user is authenticated, the system will not prompt again until the following events occur:
- Country Change (1): User is trying to log in from a different Country
- Device Change (Up to 2): User tries to log in using a new Device than a previous login.
- IP Change (Up to 3): Limit set to 3 IPs, as soon as a User changes to 4th IP, system will prompt.
- Elapsed Time since last verification: A month (30 Days) has been passed since last verification.
Broadcom Login Screen:
- User attempts to login by providing their Login & Password on the below screen:
- Once a user provides their Login & Password, the system will prompt for requesting a Security Code to their registered email and verify. Click on Send email.
Note: In case of losing the previous email, the system will allow the user to request it again after 30 seconds of the first code request.
- Once clicked on send email button, users will receive the following email with a code to their registered email address.
Note: The code expiration time is set to 5 minutes.
If you need any assistance, contact the CA Customer Care Team by submitting a question on the Customer Care Web Form or by calling at 1800-225-5224. Go to Contact Support for numbers outside North America.