GET_LOGIN returns different results in 12.3.X on UNIX agent compared to V11.2, 10, etc.
UNIX agent can no longer decrypt passwords from the LOGIN objects. It also cuts everything past 2 characters when displaying encrypted password.
Note: the following functionality works in WINDOWS V 12.3.X agent just fine.
Example/Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a UNIX job
2. Create a login object and populate it with Agent Name as '*'; and Type, Username and Password as you'd like for testing purposes
3. Put the following script in the Process tab of the UNIX job:
:SET &PASS# = GET_LOGIN(LOGIN.DUMMY,ABC,SVN,PASSWORD)
&UC_JOBMD CMD="echo &PASS#"
4. Expected results: both encrypted and decrypted passwords are displayed in the report
ACTUAL results: nothing is displayed in the report except '--'
Release : 12.3.X
Component : Agent UNIX
The issue has been fixed in
1. Use the lower version of the UNIX agent
2. Use WINDOWS agent instead