The 9.0.2 UIM installer got to 36% then failed. The uimserver_ia_install.log file shows that the automated_deployment_engine (ADE) fails to start.
2019-12-17 11:43:12,854 INFO impl.UIMServerConfigureController:activateProbeCommon:3390 [Thread-32] - 'automated_deployment_engine' probe activated.
2019-12-17 11:43:12,854 INFO impl.UIMServerConfigureController:waitForProbeToRespondCommon:3507 [Thread-32] - Waiting for 'automated_deployment_engine' probe to respond.
2019-12-17 11:43:12,854 DEBUG pds.PDSController:send:177 [Thread-32] - Sending 'nametoip' with sid: /1..., timeout: 30000
2019-12-17 11:43:12,854 WARN probe.ProbeController:waitForResponse:245 [Thread-32] - nametoip failed: (4) not found, Received status (4) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'nametoip' name = 'automated_deployment_engine'
2019-12-17 11:48:13,581 ERROR probe.ProbeController:waitForResponse:256 [Thread-32] - Failed to communicate with probe 'automated_deployment_engine' in the allotted time.
2019-12-17 11:48:13,581 ERROR impl.UIMServerConfigureController:run:547 [Thread-32] - NimException caught
(6) permission denied, Failed to communicate with probe 'automated_deployment_engine' in the allotted time of 300 secs.
The 2.02 java_jre had been deployed to the primary hub prior to the 9.0.2 UIM server install.
Release : 9.0.2
Component : UIM - INSTALL
1. Delete the 9.02 automated_deployment_engine from Infrastructure Manager (IM).
2. Delete the automated_deployment_engine directory and its contents
3. Deploy the 1.81 java_jre (part of the 9.0.2 install) to the primary hub from IM
4. Deploy the 9.02 automated_deployment_engine from IM
5. Run the 9.0.2 UIM Server install again.
6. It may be necessary to activate the core probes on the primary hub after the 9.0.2 UIM Server install completes. In that case, restart the robot on the primary hub.
When upgrading from UIM 8.51 to UIM 9.0.2, the following Environment Variables should be set in the Environment sub-tab of the main Setup tab in the controller probe's Configure GUI on the primary hub :
NIM_JAVA_HOME = jre/jre8u102
NIM_JAVA_HOME_1_8 = jre/jre8u102
This indicates that the 1.81 java_jre has been correctly installed and not the 2.02 java_jre.