ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
MSP Project crashing/performance issues on one project due to tasks with start/finish dates far out in past or future
Article ID: 142011
STARTER PACK-CLARITY PPM
Clarity PPM SaaS
- The Microsoft Project (MSP) project becomes non-responsive once I start doing anything in the project (like scrolling) after opening from Clarity PPM. Then it just closes down.
- Or, the project may not get fully loaded at all and stops responding.
- It takes an extremely long time whether it finally gets loaded or just crashes out.
This can happen if there is a large project duration (such as the project running from 2010 to 2020) along with other factors such as a large number of baselines
Release : All Supported Releases
Component : CA PPM SAAS MICROSOFT PROJECT (MSP)
- Check for any tasks that may be set far out in the past and future, and bring the dates in if they are incorrect.
- One way to check quickly for any start/finish dates that are far out in past/future is to:
- Click on the arrow in the Start and Finish Date column headers in MSP
- Then scroll through the filter section and check the dates
For other performance tips, see 13911 - In MSP, what are some Best Practices to prevent Performance Issues when integrating with Clarity PPM?