ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Using Certification Authority (CA) certificates with CA XCOM for Windows
Article ID: 141840
XCOM Data Transport
XCOM Data Transport - Windows
XCOM - SUPPORT
I am trying to configure SSL communication on an XCOM server on Windows.
- A certificate was obtained from a Certification Authority (CA)
- It was copied it to the "%XCOM_HOME%\ssl\certs" folder.
- The certificate is issued by an intermediate CA. The intermediate CA certificate is, in turn, issued by a root CA.
- The intermediate CA certificate was copied to the "%XCOM_HOME%\ssl\certs" folder
- The "[CA] RECEIVE_SIDE" property in the configssl.cnf file points to this certificate.
- It is possible to successfully connect to the XCOM server over SSL.
- When trying to retrieve the certificate chain, only the server certificate and the intermediate CA certificate show up in the chain, while the root CA certificate doesn't.
- This may prevent clients who only trust the root CA to be able to connect to the server.
Release : 11.6 SP02
Component : CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows
Concatenate the intermediate CA and root CA certificates and put them under the [CA] heading.
The other certificates go under the [CERTIFICATE] heading.
For additional information please consult your your security admins. We cannot configure your certificates.