Are there any tips to help convert Endevor Internal Approver to groups to External Approver groups?
Release : All Supported Releases
Here are some tips that can help to convert Internal Endevor Approver groups to External Approver Groups.
1. 1. Run a CSV report to show all approver groups:
//$$$$$$@ EXEC PGM=NDVRC1,REGION=4M,
//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.endevor.CSIQAUTU
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.endevor.CSIQAUTH
//CONLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=your.endevor.CSIQLOAD
//APPLIST DD DSN=iprfx.iqual.approver,
//C1MSGS1 DD SYSOUT=*
//BSTERR DD SYSOUT=*
//BSTIPT01 DD *
LIST APPROVER GROUP * TO FILE APPLIST
2. After executing the above job, create an EXCEL spreadsheet from the sequential file. For more information on how to create a Spreadsheet use this link:
This spreadsheet will provide the information needed to create the external approver groups. It will provide the Environment and stage, the quorum size, the approver user-ids and if they are required. The output will look similar to this:
|ENV NAME||STG NAME||STG ID||STG #||APPR GRP||QUORUM||TITLE||APPR USRID1||APPR REQ1||APPR USRID2||APPR REQ2|
|DVLP||UNT||1||1||ADMIN||1||ENDEVOR TEST TEST TEST SYSTEM||XXX1||N||XXX4||N|
|DVLP||UNT||1||1||ADMIND||1||STOP ALL PROCESSING||XXX2||N|
|DVLP||UNT||1||1||BLK_EMER_PKGS||0||EMERGENCY PKG USED BY RETROFIT ONLY||XXX3||N||XXX5||N|
|DVLP||UNT||1||1||CORP_SOC||1||SECURITY OPERATION CENTER|
3. Once it is determined which groups are to be converted if not all, then, provide this information to your Security Admin. The Security Admin can then create the external groups based on the instructions provided in the Package Guide. The information can be found here:
4. 4. After the Security Admin creates the external approver groups, then the Endevor Administrator can create/update the approver groups in Endevor. The Approver Group names that are defined in Endevor must be the same as the Approver Groups you have defined in the external Security package. If the Approver Group names defined to the security package are the same as the ones defined in Endevor, then, update the Approver Group definition in Endevor as follows:
Existing Internal Approver Group
Update the existing Internal Approver group – remove all the USERIDs of the approvers. For an externally defined Approver group the Quorum size the acceptable values are 0 – 32760.
5. Testing your new External Approver Group - Once the external groups already set-up in ACF2/RACF/TSS, it is recommended that you test to make sure that the new external approver groups are working. The below steps are just a guideline:
a. Run an archive and delete any packages clean up
e. Create a test package – cast the test package – approve the test package for each inventory area affected.
f. If the above step is successful, cast and approve the packages that were reset from CONRPT72.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, please contact your local Broadcom Endevor Support team.