After restarting the 9.20 UMP wasp probe, users can login in just fine. But if the UMP is left for more than a day or so, the same users fail to log in. The UMP login appears to fail to authenticate the users and allow them access. This is true for all users, including the UIM administrator. The only way to get authentication working again is to restart the UMP wasp probe. The following is recorded in the wasp.log when this problem occurs:
Nov 27 11:23:45:900 DEBUG [http-nio-80-exec-3, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.auth.LoginManager] non-contact user found: administrator
Nov 27 11:23:45:900 INFO [http-nio-80-exec-3, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.auth.LoginManager] authorizeNimbusUser: user: administrator
Nov 27 11:23:45:909 INFO [http-nio-80-exec-3, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.auth.LoginManager] nimbus user authentication successful
Nov 27 11:23:46:022 ERROR [http-nio-80-exec-3, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.wasp.auth.LoginModule] login() User 'administrator' login failed. java.lang.NullPointerException
No login errors are recorded in the hub.log when the user is attempting to login to the UMP portal.
Appears to be an issue with the 2.00 GA version of the java_jre and possibly the robot installed on the UMP robot.
Release : 9.20
Component : UIM - UMP
Primary hub probe versions:
UMP robot probe versions:
1. On the primary hub, upgrade the robot to the latest 9.20 hot fix version (9.20HF7 or later), then upgrade the hub to the latest 9.20 hot fix version (9.20HF6 or later).
2. On the UMP robot(s), upgrade the robot to the latest 9.20 hot fix version (9.20HF7 or later).
3. Download a copy of the current java_jre package (2.02 or later) from the Web archive into the local archive on your primary hub.
4. Deploy the 2.02 java_jre to the UMP robot.
5. From the UMP robot's controller probe's Configure GUI, select the main Setup tab, then select the Environment sub-tab. Verify that the following variables set for the UMP robot (for java_jre 2.02):
NIM_JRE_HOME = jre/jre8u232b09
NIM_JRE_HOME_1_8 = jre/jre8u232b09
Note: If a later version of the java_jre has been deployed, the jre install directory will change accordingly.
6. Restart the UMP robot to force the UMP wasp to use the new (2.02) JRE.
If the UMP USM portlet hangs and does not load after upgrading the java_jre on the UMP robot, there may be stale data cached that is preventing the portlet from running as expected. The following steps should be executed to remove all stale data:
1. Deactivate the wasp probe on the UMP robot(s)
2. Delete the following directory on the UMP robot(s):
This directory may contain stale data that will interfere with the correct operation of one or more of the UMP portlets. The directory will be recreated and repopulated with fresh data when the UMP wasp probe is activated.
3. Activate the wasp probe on the UMP robot(s)
4. Clear the browser cache from the beginning of time before logging into the UMP portal.