For Service Desk Manager 17.2, the information on how to Enable SAML Authentication for xFlow Interface is included in the online product documentation (i.e. techdocs).
However, I am not using SSL. Is there another way to set up SSO for xFlow with no https?
The configuration is no longer maintained in a xFlow application.conf file; it is maintained in the mdb database, in the table named "l1admin_general_config"
Release : 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Component : SERVICE DESK MANAGER
To implement SSO for xFLow without https:
1. Login to CA Service Desk as a user having the Administrator role.
2. From Administration tab, click "xFlow Interface" and then, under that, click "General".
3. Check that SSOArtifactName is set to sm_user
4. Check that SSOArtifactType is set to HEADER
5. Change authenticationtype to NTLM
6. Restart xFlow service
1. For Single Sign On to succeed, the access type of the contact records of the users must have "Allow external authentication" set to "Yes".
2. If there is no contact record CA Service Desk Manager for the user, Error 401 (unauthorized error) may be returned.
1. https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/administering/enable-ssl-authentication-for-ca-service-management-solution/enable-secure-socket-layer-for-xflow-interface.html > Configure SSO for a Service
3. https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/administering/configure-the-xflow-interface/enable-saml-authentication-for-xflow-interface.html > step #8
Note that the above pages may have been improved after this article was initially published.